Monday, August 22

My, how I've aged

I discovered wrinkles this weekend I never knew I had. Oh, the joys of aging. I think I stayed out too late on Fri. night, got dehydrated from consuming many beers, and the effects stayed with me thru the next day. That's my story for now, anyway. Yeah, Nashvile was fun. [Hey, that's a great typo!] Maybe too much fun... I am still tired today. Of course I had the drive back as well, then a family dinner to help prepare & serve. I'm sure you are all curious about the Kings of Leon show, and I will get to that later when I'm up to it. For now, let me just share a recipe with ya:
1 can of broth (veggie) 1/4 tsp dried thyme 1 tsp dried parsley 7 potatoes, quartered 1 tbs cornstarch 2 tbs water Pour broth, thyme, parsley and potatoes in a medium pot. Bring it to a boil and reduce to low heat. Cook for 10 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender; drain, reserving broth. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and water; add to broth and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture thickens into a sauce. Serve sauce over potatoes.
That will be served with supper tomorrow. Yummy! I like being a family cook. Occasionally....

1 comment:

BOB said...

Heh, I'm in my early 20's, and I already have wrinkles, too.

Maybe I should start wearing more sunscreen.