- Start dating one of them. He will never again be your friend. Neither, perhaps, will his friends.
- Tell them what you really, really think of his new girlfriend. (I haven't tried this one yet, but I have friends who can vouch for it!)
- Start trying to "improve" him---wardrobe, nasty habits, diction, etc. Works like a charm.
- Get a boyfriend whom none of your guy friends likes. They will scatter like pigeons.
- Date a man who is posessive, or become posessive of one you're daing & justify your posessiveness by telling yourself you don't see male friends, so he shouldn't see female friends. It sounds fair when you put it like that, right?
- Introduce him to one of your girlfriends, fix them up, and wave goodbye. You may never be allowed to fraternize again (see rule #5; your friend may be this girl).
- Make him read your poetry. Your poetry is probably bad; most poetry is.
- Complain to him about your current boyfriend. You will feel guilty about it and he will become sick of it very, very quickly. Men are not like women in this way (you can beetch all you want to your gf's about bf's transgressions).
- Try to take him shopping. Make him tell you what he thinks of your outfits. Men will only do this if they really, really want to sleep with you. If he goes shopping with you more than once, beware: you're out of friend territory (see When Harry Met Sally).
- Sleep with a guy friend (fastest route to ending friendship).
Wednesday, August 3
How to lose your guy friends (a girl's guide)
Posted by Memphis Chix at 9:20 AM