Monday, July 25

WOW

That is my one-word review of Hustle & Flow. It's been a long time since I've felt so wrapped up in a film that I want it to hurry up, but liked it so much that I didn't want it to end. (I'm thinking Fight Club was it.) H&F was truly a must-see-again movie. I think I'd like to see it at the Majestic next time to get the full effect of audience participation now that I've heard the dialog already (we went to Studio yesterday). I wonder if people not familar with Memphis will get the fact that its flavor is so authentic to Memphis, even if you've never had daily dealings with people like D Jay, Suge, and Key. Plus I loved the neighbor bit---I don't think the guy ever spoke a line. I loved how everyone sweated all thru the movie, too, and it focused on the misery life is without A/C in Mphs. Loved Josey Scott's and Michael Hooks Jr.'s cameos, although I don't want to spoil any of it for y'all. Oooh! Ice cream truck---gotta motor. Go see the movie, y'all, just go see it.

No comments: