Tuesday, July 26

I just don't think it can be done

People will not ever be able to deal with differences in others. I see it in the news on a global level, I hear about it on a personal level... it's even accepted in most popular forms of artistic expression. I saw it growing up in a very religious rural area as a non-Christian; I had no doctrine to sell, but just rejecting theirs openly made me a target, a threat to be dealt with. If someone isn't like you, your job is to alienate that person, to make her life uncomfortable to the point of unhappy, to drive her out of your community, to make sure you are surrounded only by people who approve of your way of life---who will never question your comfort level, or make you think, or challenge your lifestyle in any way. Why don't we all just become hermits? [LINK]

No comments: