Tuesday, July 26

Adventures in the life of my kitty

My cat had been missing for over 48 hours, and I was starting to get worried. She doesn't usually stay away in the heat for very long, so I thought maybe that was the last time I'd see that lucky black cat. When I finally got up the gumption to mow my lawn Friday evening, there was little Sunshine, prowling around and getting in the way. But not a peep from her since then. She often stays out all night, or even up to 24 hours, but two full days and nights is pushing it. So the other night when I was giving the tour of the house to a friend's guest in from St. Louis, and she wanted to see the backyard, I was startled---and more than a little relieved---to hear the muffled cries of my little Sunshine cat. Coming from the garage. Where she knows full well she's not supposed to go (I know this because whenever I see her sneaking in there, she runs away like she's been doing something bad). I'm surprised with the heat that I didn't open the garage to find a little kitty corpse (which might have been the case had I not heard her Sunday night). So thank you, Jorja, for leading me (however accidentally) to the living Sunshine kitty.

You Are The Sunshine Of My Life That's Why I'll Always Stay Around You Are The Apple Of My Eye Forever You'll Stay In My Heart

I Feel Like This Is The Beginning Though I've Loved You For A Million Years And If I Thought Our Love Was Ending I'd Find Myself Drowning In My Own Tears

You Must Have Known That I Was Lonely Because You Came To My Rescue And I Know That This Must Be Heaven How Could So Much Love Be Inside Of You

by Stevie Wonder

2 comments:

ml said...

Poor little Sunshine. She was stuck in the garage for 2 days?

Memphis Chix said...

Yeah, I guess I'm a bad mommy.
I definitely have a favorite---imagine Max being gone for two days!