Monday, July 18

Harold Ford's got my number

He's sent me an email, so it's not really a number but a sequence of letters and numbers... I s'pose it's from all the emails I've sent him complaining about one thing or another in the state legislature. So now that he's got his sights set on the Senate seat Bill Frist is vacating, he has the audacity to respond when he's never responded before. Well, he would respond with one of those auto-responses: "Thank you for your email, Rep. Ford is interested in hearing what you have to say, etc., etc., blah-blah-blah" but it doesn't count. It's one step up from the "Thanks for your purchase" emails from Amazon and one step down from forwarded jokes from your buddies. I have a friend who was fundraising for him, and was invited to a $50 event last month which I was unable to attend. She said I could pay whatever---they would just be happy to have the cash! Which meant, I guessed, that there would be no free food & drinks. No, that is NOT why I didn't go. Really. I do believe that anyone would be better than Sen. Frist, even Prince Mongo (or whatever he's calling himself these days), but Junior is our best bet for a Dem. to win TN. Our last best hope. The Great White Hope, if you will. (He's lighter than me in the summertime. But I have been known to resemble a Puerto Rican with my summer bronze.) I digress. I mean to do what I can for Jr.'s campaign---even if it's not financial support---and encourage others to do the same (yes, that means here). So get ready, peepulz.

No comments: