Friday, September 23

X-hausted

Yee-haw! It's the weekend! I am worn out from only 4 days of work (school, rather) and I don't know if it's the heat, my schedule, or a sign of premature aging. Or at least aging in one big leap in the past few months. I was shot down by one of my favorite profs today in class, which is sad mostly because I don't think he understood what I was saying. You know how when someone is talking and you talk right after them it seems like you're speaking to the point they made? When usually what happens is I'm thinking while the other person is talking (buzz, buzz) and haven't really paid any attention to anything after the first few words. I think with a different part of my brain than I listen with, so sometimes I can do both (like today). Anyway, I will just have to write a genius paper and make him think I'm right about something. Now, if I only had a topic.... I don't really appreciate all the freedom I've been given lately. All my resarch papers are on a topic of my choosing---which sounds great, until you have to choose 4 topics on 4 vastly different subjects and the field is wide open. I have a great fear of to-open fields (not like agoraphobia, but like storms on the prarie with nowhere to hide). Plus, I've started working one day a week & my job is to put together a newsletter. Out of thin air, apparently. Which I did okay with until I go to the point where I had to have content. Yikes. So I am sitting here, writing to you faceless people and eating gummi bears (white = pineapple; strange choice--so sour). This is the longest original post I've had in some time, and I apologize. I know many of you have as short an attention span as I do for these blog thingies.

No comments: