Saturday, September 10

Indeed there will be time to wonder...

From the dearth of posts here, it sure looks like I've been having a lot of fun lately! Don't believe it: I've been busting my a$$ in school and we're only 2 weeks in. Why am I not on top of things like I'd expected? I think I have it narrowed down to 2 distinct problems:
  1. I do too much. I read everything, which my classmates don't seem to bother doing (every person I ask "did you read for today?" invariably answers "no" if not "hell, no!").
  2. I have more than the usual # of profs to impress.
The second thing is a little problem I have, where I decide which prof is worth giving a sh!t about, and then concentrating on that class: doing all assignments, reading everything, and talking in class to make sure it shows that I'm reading. I figure these people are the ones who will write my recs for grad school (should that be an option) and I'd like to have their good opinions. But this semester, I have 2 of this type, as opposed to the usual 1 or none. One is the Shakespeare guy and the other is Advanced Comp, which is focusing on the canonization of the New Testament. Bored yet? Yeah, my life is pretty boring. I have stayed home the past 2 Fri. nights---I need to stop this before it gets out of hand!
I grow old... I grow old... I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled
Anywayz, I'm going out tonight. I've been wanting to check out Swanky's, except for the fact it's in East Memphis. So I'm not sure where I'll be, except that I won't be at Neil's watching Molly Hatchet perform.

No comments: