Monday, September 19

Thoughts on a Monday

It's the worst feeling in the world to burn the roof of your mouth so badly you get bats-in-a-cave. I correct myself--biting your tongue so hard that you bleed is worse. Then it swells up so you bite it again. And again. That's way worse. But I still need to stop drinking my coffee so d#amn hot! I've recently scalded my hand, carrying a travel mug around, and now my mouth. Duh! * * * I watched a great piece on the making of Dazed & Confused last night. I s'pose it might be on the DVD version, which I don't own, as I am not one of those people who feels like owning every movie I like. There are so few I want to watch over & over (The Godfather trilogy, Napoleon Dynamite, and GWTW, to name a few) that it just seems wasteful. ANYway, that's what I did while I pretended to study. Why aren't they making more movies like that? Today's teem films are just lacking a little something (originality?) but I suppose they make up for it in nudity. * * * I'm starting to feel like a homeless person (one with a relatively new car, that is). Today I've eaten, showered, blogged, and (of course) studied all away from home. I would rather be like a turtle and carry my home around with me.

2 comments:

Len said...

It's the worst feeling in the world to burn the roof of your mouth so badly you get bats-in-a-cave.

Bats-in-a-cave? I've never heard that term before...

I never bite my tongue (well, not accidentally, anyway), but I always seem regularly to take a big bite out of the inside of my cheek or the inner part (i.e., near the lower front teeth) of my lower lip. And once I do that, it's impossible for me not to bite the same spot at least three more times before it eventually heals.

Adam said...

Thanks for the link!

What was the special called on Dazed and Confused? It's weird, I really like Richard Linklater's movies, but I've avoided watching Before Sunrise and it's sequel for a reason that escapes me.