Wednesday, September 28

I am SO THERE!

I am late the scene on this story, but I will not be late for the show! VooDoo Music Experience Coming to Memphis [via Rachel!] VOODOO MOVES TO MEMPHIS, TN HALLOWEEN WEEKEND PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT THE NEW ORLEANS RESTORATION FUND (NORF), A DONOR-ADVISED FUND OF ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY FOUNDATION (EIF) The Voodoo Music Experience will bring its quintessential New Orleans spirit to Memphis, the home of the blues and the birthplace of rock and roll. Memphis’ Tom Lee Park will serve as this year’s site for the two-day event, set to take place Halloween Weekend. This year’s Voodoo Music Experience will benefit the New Orleans Restoration Fund (NORF), a donor-advised fund of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF). ... highlights, IMO: My Chemical Romance Cake (yay!) Digable Planets Foo Fighters (what'd they do with Weezer?) Billy Idol The Decemberists The Bravery (were already going to be here, whatevz) Very exciting news for us. I hope lots of people come---spread the word! I am so behind the times these days. How did I not hear this already? I don't read the news, or watch it, or sometimes even listen to NPR. I am feeling like an old piece of gum that's been chewed up, spit out, and picked up off the floor and chewed up all over again. I want to be energetic, I truly do, but the only time I have any energy is at odd hours, like yesterday afternoon for a while---or a couple of evenings ago after 11pm. Who needs energy at that hour when you have to get up eight hours later? It's just stupid. My post-mid-year resolution (remember, I don't believe in New Year's resolutions) is to find more energy. Somehow, some way, I will get back to it. I think working out has an effect on my energy level; the days I work out hard I'm tired several hours after, but 6 or 8 hours later I'm ready to go again. But tired all the next day. I despise inconsistency, esp. in myself.

1 comment:

Len said...

How did I not hear this already? I don't read the news, or watch it, or sometimes even listen to NPR.

Well, I think you answered your own question there.

But I feel your pain. Grad school was like that for me too, and I only have a master's. ;-)