Tuesday, June 20

Summer Solstice Day

I love tricking all the googlers with my blog title, but this time I will take pity on you. Here are some summer solstice tips for you:

  • There should be a sliver of a waxing crescent moon visible during the shortest night of the year (tomorrow night, I believe).
  • Star Date is a great resource for the astronomically challenged (not astrology, dummy). If you are cool enough to admit you listen to NPR, you can listen to it on the radio; if not, they have it online so you can feel less public-radio-geek-y.
  • At any rate, tomorrow is the solstice, so take advantage of the extra daylight by gardening at night or something.
  • Ever wonder about all the REM songs with nocturnal themes---Gardening at Night, Man on the Moon, Nightswimming, the Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite---although I suppose when you're a prolific songwriter in the South, night is going to be a theme (some days, that's the only time it's cool enough to go outside).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFL. Serrabee, that was inspired.

I'm going to have to start writing posts for my weird googlers. Well, except the foot fetish guy.