Saw this on MSN yesterday: 8 cheap places you'd want to live... but would I, really? Let's see:
- Asheville, NC-- Would I really? North Carolina appeals to me, but I must confess Asheville is a little small for my taste. I prefer...
- Austin, TX-- Though it is in TexAss, this is the best pick of the list for me by far.
- Boise, Idaho-- Okay, larger, but still too small to suit me. Who are they writing this for, retirees?
- Fayetteville, Ark-- Hmmm... small but inviting college town, a charming liberal island in the red belt. Maybe when I'm old.
- Minneapolis, MN-- Yuk. Cold, boring, and crappy cost of living. Pass.
- Nashua, N.H.-- Ditto, only yukkier.
- Olympia, Wash.-- Podunk yet pricey, but quite liberal & therefore perhaps acceptable. Evergreen College makes is more tenable (we once knew a guy who went there, no grades, no exams, woo-hoo!)
- Prescott, AZ-- Now you're talkin. Much more my style, even considering gang activity is climbing and it's also teensy-tiny.