- Cory Branan's CD release party is Friday (of next week, when I'll be back in Memphis) at the Hi-Tone. Don't know if it's any good cause I haven't heard any of his new stuff. The last time I saw him he played with Lucero's lead singer and they were both doing shots, so it wasn't exactly the best musical experience I've ever had. But unless you are going to see Wilco at the Ryman in NashVile, this is your best bet.
- The Ponys play the Young Ave. Deli the next night, which will be a must-see for me since I missed them last year (can't remember why now, so it couldn't have been too important).
- If you're up for a Monday night show, which I never am anymore, The Lights are playing the Deli then. If not, I think they also played the Hi-Tone on Sat. the 18th with some other bands---but if you went with my recommendation, you missed that show for The Ponys'.
- On Weds. the 22nd, Nick Hornby of High Fidelity---About a Boy---Fever Pitch fame is speaking at the Rose Theatre on the U of M campus. I can't wait for that. I am bringing all my copies of his books to get signed!
- Next weekend will bring Organ Thief and the Secret Service, though not at the same show, plus hopefully some nice weather.
Thursday, March 9
I am still out of town this week (doing the family thing) but I thought I'd drop a few hints to those of you not priviledged to be a myspace friend as to what I'll be doing when I return:
Posted by Memphis Chix at 11:49 AM