Friday, February 10

WTF, Wilco?

Looking online at concert dates, trying to decide whether to see them in Nashville or Knoxville, I noticed Wilco's playing Meridian MS, for some reason---a town the size of my pinkie finger, and Wilco's playing a show there. We can't even get a Coldplay show in Memphis but they get Wilco. If any DC4C fans living in the Durham, NC area need a ticket to the show w/Franz Ferdinand, Chris of Signifying Nothing has an extra. I assume when he says "date" he means female, but maybe you should ask him yourself. In other news, Memphis' own Len is retiring from the blogosphere for good (he says, but he may be like other mid-South bloggers & not be able to resist return appearances). He will be missed, but I hope he's on to greener pastures---blogging, Friendster, myspace can all take up time in your real life that could be used to improve yourself, so I get the need to get away from that. I do. But my concern is that the Memphis blog scene seems to be shrinking rather than growing, which is the reverse of the phenomena I see in other cities. Anyone who has something to say should be putting it out there, even if it's not getting a million hits a day or benefitting you directly. Sometimes the things you say have a sort of delayed reaction. You have to be patient to contribute to any sort of discussion.

2 comments:

Chris Lawrence said...

Yes, female preferred. :-) Of course, the downside (for this person) is that this person would have to sit next to me...

(I don't think it's sold out yet, but I could be wrong.)

Len said...

...he may be like other mid-South bloggers & not be able to resist return appearances...

I have a weird way of burning bridges behind me--I rarely stay friends with ex-girlfriends, and I rarely revisit old enthusiasms once I decide to hang them up. But who knows?

I should have mentioned that I'm going to keep the archives in place, so if there's any favorite content on my site that won't be disappearing (short of my losing my job or dying--in either of those events all bets are off, since I won't be able to pay the hosting fees, then). And I've always been one for collecting weird or amusing Web content, so I may post links to some of the more entertaining things I find.