- Coffee is better when it's cold. Not that that stops me from drinking it in summer---I drink it just about every morning anyway. It's like a religion for me.
- Hot showers. I take pretty cold ones the rest of the year, but I love a hot shower in winter. Again, I shower year round (though somehow it's less of a spiritual experience than the coffee drinking).
- Snow/snow days. There's a lot of drama surrounding the snow day, and no other season can beat that feeling during the first fluffy, serene snowfall of the winter.
- Looking forward to spring. It's often better than the actual season to anticipate it. (Spring in the Mid-South is a very wet season.)
- The night sky. It's much clearer on average, so you see more stars.
- Corduroys. Comfier than jeans or dress pants, and they make a statement. I missed them in the 90's.
- Not shaving every day. Legs, I mean; I still shave elsewhere on a daily basis, but if there's no yoga class or date that day, the legs are strictly optional. This also goes with #4.
- Quieter neighbors. Mine only refrain from blasting their crappy car stereos, letting their kids run amok in the street, and mowing for a few precious months every year, and I love it.
- Hiatus on the zoo smells. Also the Siamang monkey love noises I can hear from my backyard in July & August.
- Appreciating the warm days you do get. Like today.
Friday, February 24
Summertime rolls (in)
It's so warm & pleasant today that several people wore flip-flops to class. I was thinking of why I hate winter so much that I wouldn't even consider living in Canada. While this is not really a weather blog, I'd like to share my top ten reasons why I DO like winter here. Everybody already knows the negatives, and I wanted to be more upbeat on such a pretty day.
Posted by Memphis Chix at 12:09 PM