- Good Night, and Good Luck. The must-see movie of the fall for nerds like me. Seriously---I just watched a documentary on Einstein last week.
- North Country. Depressing. Also Oscar-quality. (Are these synonymous?) Could be a good film. Charlize Theron wants us to forget she's gorgeous---Charlize: you can be beautiful and still act, girl. There will be plenty of ime to be ugly when you're over the hill.
- Shopgirl. Does anyone else think it's creepy Steve Martin wrote a book about this old man (oh, say, around his age-ish?) seducing a poor, young retail girl and now he's playing that old man in the film version? This one's a toss-up.
- Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. Interesting cast, fun action plot, written by the Lethal Weapon guy. Val Kilmer + Robert Downey, Jr. sounds kinda 80's to me too, but in a good way.
- Nicky Cage got hair help. And he's a daddy, too. Go see The Weatherman to support his hair transplant and new baby. I can't think of any other reason to do so.
- and, of course Wallace and Grommit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit. No one won't like this movie.
Thursday, October 20
Dwayne's family-free weekend. I love his painting and his free verse. Brittney's fall fashion review. Check out the Brittney gallery if you haven't yet. It's like a retrospective of fugliness. The other Brittney's reminiscences of waiting. No need to go see that movie now! Oh, yeah, I did go see a movie this weekend as well---Elizabethtown. Don't believe the hype: It was a really good movie-going experience. I love Cameron Crowe, though. Other movies out/coming out this weekend:
Posted by Memphis Chix at 8:20 PM