Friday, June 10

This is silly, but I'm going to share with you anyway:

[From MSN daily bs]
Are you over your ex? Are you sure?
By Alonna Friedman (blah, blah, blah deleted here) . . . So how do you know you’re emotionally prepped to take a chance on love? These guidelines will help gauge your dating ability. You’re ready if: 1. His name is no longer part of your lexicon. “You need to talk about your ex to process the breakup and exorcise him from your mind,” says Rhonda Findling, author of Don’t Call That Man: A Survival Guide to Letting Go. “But if you still make references to him months down the line, you’re still preoccupied.” That goes for praising him and badmouthing him. 2. You’ve erased all signs of him. Any reminder, no matter how cute or fuzzy, will let the relationship specter haunt you. Take those photos, the stuffed monkey, and the cheap necklace and hide them in the back of the closet. Even less obvious bits of the past can keep you from moving forward. “I deleted his number from my cell because it came right before my mom’s so I saw his name all the time,” says Carla, 28, of New York City. “Then I got rid all the voicemails I had saved.” 3. Reminders of him don’t cause pain. Some things you can’t put up in the closet. Whether it’s the song you danced to when “I love you” was first uttered or hearing someone order his favorite sandwich in a deli, you should no longer get weepy. Lots of people like roast beef on rye. It’s okay if you’re prompted to remember him briefly, but sad thoughts should not prevail. 4. He has a new girlfriend—and you’re happy about that. “I heard my ex was seeing someone new and I was jealous at first,” says Marie, 29, of San Diego, California. “It was only when I stopped feeling sick to my stomach that I knew I was 100 percent over him.” When you feel genuinely happy that he has moved on, it’s time for you to do the same. 5. You stop comparing new men to your ex. “You can blame it on lack of chemistry, but if you aren’t ready to start a new relationship, you’ll come up with any excuse for why the date was bad,” says Findling. You are over him when you can peg a bad date as just that — bad — and not blame the guy for failing to live up to your ex. 6. Having the weekend to yourself feels fine. When your other half is gone, being alone feels dreadful. How can you get through that unstructured time without that special someone by your side? But eventually that anxious outlook fades. “Weekends were always for couple time, so it was hard to be single on Sundays,” says Linda, 32, of Englewood, New Jersey. “Then one day I woke up and was so relieved that I could enjoy some peace and quiet.” Once being solo is as appealing than being a duo, you’ll have better luck finding another (better-suited) partner. Alonna Friedman is so over her ex she couldn’t pick him out of a lineup.
1. I talk about all kinds of people I don't know anymore. It's not like history with them disappears from my memory. 2. Difficult to do when a third of his shit is still in my house. Working on it. Anyone want to buy a bike, a 32" tv, or a desk? 3. Reminders of anything should not cause one pain. Memory is subject to the will of the brain and if you concentrate hard enough, and squint a little bit, you can quit remembering him every time you watch that 32" tv. 4. If he doesn't have (a) new gf(s) by now, I'd be concerned. The only thing that would bother me is if it's an old gf. Especially one I know about. 5. I will always, always, ALWAYS compare new guys to ALL of my exbf's. New guy usually benefits from said comparisons. If he's not better than everyone I've already broken up with, why would I want to date him? 6. Well, I suppose it's a sign of a bad relationship when you relish any alone time you get. 7. You quit reading shit like this & taking it seriously when you're officially over him. Do I pass?

2 comments:

Denman said...

You pass. :) Congrats, you can quit reading the lists.

Len said...

How much do you want for the bike, TV or desk? We might be able to do bidness....

:-)