Here's a brief listing of what I'm missing over the next few days out of the Mtown:
- 2morrow: Free Swing Dancing lessons at the U of M Fieldhouse (thought I'd give it a whirl, even though I don't know my left from my right).
- Thurs: Join Drinking Liberally, at dish as usual, or watch the sun set over the Mississippi River from the vantage point of the Madison Hotel.
- Fri: Trolley Tour, as usual, and probably some art openings elsewhere. You want to be well-rounded, don'tcha?
- Sat: Rae-Ray & Holly Cole at Otherlands, followed by Noise Choir at Hi Tone,& then Papa Top's also playing at everyone's favorite pirate bar, The Bucc (what, you have a pirate bar you like better? chuh.)
- Sun: I dunno, but after being out 4 nites in a row, and before being out 4 more next week, I'd probably take a break (if I were going to be here, of course).
I wish I were going to be around this week/end for all the fun goings-on, but it can't be helped. Plus, I've had a great time here the past few days, even since my weekend officially ended. I went to Bosco's with a friend and discovered that they still have Folonari Pinot Grigio for 5.75/glass, though most of their other wines are up to $7 or 8 each. Their Biere de Garde (in bottles only, coming up on draft) is really fresh and sparkly, too, so try it next month. Last night took me to Cafe Ole with the flight attendant crew + others, and I finally got to try the watermelon margarita. Weird. It was compared to the Jolly Rancher martinis at Swig, which I think was apt. Fish tacos are awesome there, even if they don't make them right (you're supposed to use salsa fresca and cabbage, but this ain't Cali).