Wednesday, December 15

Spooky Spam!

So I never normally read spam, gramatically incorrecct though that is, with the double negative and all, but today I peeked. Why? Cause the sender was "Squashiest K. Cognizance" -- would you not have looked??? So here it is: To give up pretensions is as blessed a relief as to get them ratified. Consider your breed you were not made to live like beasts, but to follow virtue and knowledge. You cannot explain failure any more than you can argue with success. And what a delight it is to make friends with someone you have despised. Incredulity is the wisdom of the fool. I guess I don't so much mind being old, as I mind being fat and old. A goal properly set is halfway reached. Better do a good deed near at home than go far away to burn incense. Martyrdom is the only way a man can become famous without ability.In time we hate that which we often fear. I don't have a warm personal enemy left. They've all died off. I miss them terribly because they helped define me. It's easier traveling the road of life when I don't have so much to carry on my back. If all I'm remembered for is being a good basketball player, then I've done a bad job with the rest of my life. An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it. There is no such thing as accidental failure. All failure is at least half imposed. Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking. Keep a fair-sized cemetery in your back yard, in which to bury the faults of your friends. Gossip is the art of saying nothing in a way that leaves practically nothing unsaid. Dang.

No comments: