Sunday, May 15

things I'm embarassed about

An ongoing list. To begin:
  1. I have seriously considered getting some invisible earplugs for rock shows. I swear to god. I'm gettin' old, man.
  2. I'd rather be mean than stupid.
  3. I stayed home the other week on a Friday night reading left-leaning political magazines. And it felt good.
  4. Every time my ex calls I pick up the damn phone. Almost every time. It's some sick compulsion, I dunno.
  5. I don't hate JLo for wearing fur.
  6. I hate her for being beautiful.
  7. Sadly, I don't hate her at all. I like JLo. That's what's embarassing!
  8. I spend more money than is good for me.
  9. I love reading other peoples' confessions.
  10. I am prejudiced against Australians. (It's the accent.) Toni Collette is the exception.
  11. I am sad when no one comments on a post I consider particularly clever.

5 comments:

cube said...

How do you feel about beautiful Australians who stay home & read right-wing magazines on Friday nights while wearing fake fur?

Just kidding. I didn't want you to be sad & I couldn't think of a
clever response to your clever post.

Serrabee said...

Uh, they're better than Trekkies, I guess.... Thanks for saving me from post-less sadness!

ml said...

Trekkies wear real fur.

mikka said...

I can't muster much hatred for J.Lo. Don't get me started on Tyra Banks, though.

Here's a little known fact of my own that embarrases me: My current ambition is to marry Janice Dickinson.

MXV said...

You shouldn't feel that using earplugs at a show = "getting old". You are actually getting smart. As somone who has ringing in one ear that doesn't go away ever as a result of a Ministry show in 1989, I am a huge advocate of wearing earplugs to shows, and have never gone without them ever since that day. Your ears were not meant for that kind of abuse and I actually found that I can hear shows better with them in as everything isn't distorted and it ends up being just the right volume (and trust me, I like loud music as much as the next person, if not more). I've never seen invisible earplugs, but you'd be surprised at how many people are using earplugs at shows and it certainly isn't something to be embarassed about.

- mxv
www.punkvinyl.com/blog/