Tuesday, October 5

Wrappin' it up

I have been beginning to deal with the winding-up of Mpact responsibility for 2004. It's kinda nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel, when I will be able to get back to doing what I really like. That is, I can plan events instead of being a cheerleader for others. You don't need co-chairs when the event heads are TCB! Thursday night is our big meeting for the year, when we get lots of new members, and I am supposed to be working on a postcard of events, plus promo materials for a package of sporting event tickets we're trying to sell. So, what am I doing? Not homework, or laundry, and not even watching Sex and the City reruns. I am blogging for you people, who may not even be out there, cause I never get comments! But I do have a counter, so I know someone is reading. Strangers, maybe? I promised to give some props to Jay Lawrence, who just told me he is playing a Veep-debate-night joke on his g'friend. For those of you who don't know, he's a big R (he thinks) and she's a big D (fundraiser type). So Jay goes out and makes stickers for her debate-party-guests saying "W is for Women" (which I actually think is so ironic it might be funny) and "[her last name] for Bush-Cheney". Personally, I do not think they have been dating long enough for such hi-jinks! But then, better now when she is still likely to forgive him than later when he has run out of his "get out of jail free" cards. Yes, how like Monopoly real life is. . . .

3 comments:

ml said...

Why the hell is Jay a Republican? Eeek!

Memphis Chix said...

For him, it has more to do with finances. He thinks he should keep all the money he makes & screw whoever doesn't have a job. Isn't that nice?

Memphis Word Nerd said...

Shit, must be nice making enough money to be able to keep some. I'd vote for Max if he'd save my bank acct. Can't you just see Max in the Oval Office? :-)