Friday, March 4

Movie Day

Haven't done the mini movie reviews lately, so here they are (if I can remember everything): Be Cool--A good laugh. Creative. Fun. Won't blow you away or anything, though. Constantine--"Hell wants him. Heaven won't take him. Earth needs him"---yawn. It's good for Keanu Reaves, I guess, but not my bag, baby. Hotel Rwanda--unfortunately, the people who should see this movie never will. A stark look at heroism in the face of insurmountable odds. If you don't feel like crying by the end, something is wrong with you. A wonderful film in the way La Vita e Bella was years ago. I'm sorry it didn't win any Oscars, cause it surely was better than most. The Life Aquatic--one of my favorite ugly-old-man actors, Bill Murray, absolutely makes this film! If you haven't seen it, I guess you'll have to wait for DVD, but make sure to see it. Also fabulous are Willem Dafoe and Anjelica Houston, people not in enough films for my satisfaction. Man of the House--my other favorite ugly-old-man actor Tommy Lee Jones is the only reason to see this movie (that and being stuck on a 31-hour plane trip). Ocean's 12--I don't know why everyone's saying it's not as cool as the first one.

No comments: